The ECG or EKG Technician course is now offered by Los Angeles Career College. It is designed specifically for individuals interested in becoming a certified EKG technician and for those enhancing their career in health care industry in general.
both NHA & NCCT
- Earn up to $53,000
- Get your certificate in as little as 6 days
- Pass the National Exam
- Take exciting job opportunities in hospital setting
What is an EKG Monitor Technician?
EKG monitor technicians are responsible for watching patients' heart rates and reporting important changes to the nursing staff; they often use equipment that tracks several patients simultaneously. EKG monitor technicians may also perform electrocardiographs (EKGs), which read electrical impulses sent by the heart.
EKG monitor technicians work in many different settings, including but not limited to hospitals, clinics and outpatient centers.
Prerequisites for the course include:
- A high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- No felony or misdemeanor related to the sale of drugs. Traffic violations and any other issues must be cleared up before the externship. This is the sole responsibility of each student
- A history of vaccinations is periodically required to work in the externship
Employment of medical assistants is projected to grow 29 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. The growth of the aging baby-boom population will continue to increase demand for preventive medical services, which are often provided by physicians. As a result, physicians will hire more assistants to perform routine administrative and clinical duties, allowing the physicians to see more patients.
Now – 2025
Program Length and Duration
The program includes 48 hours of teaching, simulation and experiential learning, which takes place over a 6-day period.