Los Angeles Career College offers Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Online for healthcare professionals who participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and different cardiovascular emergencies.
ACLS Online is the highest tech, official American Heart Association (AHA) Self-Directed Comprehensive eLearning Program. It gives students to take the ACLS course on a computer, instead of attending a traditional, classroom base course. ACLS Online is recommended for MD’s RN’s Paramedics, EMT’s Dentists and Medical Personnel. The course is created to accommodate busy schedules of health care professionals. The ACLS Online course includes simulation techniques and various scenario based learning methods, which are self-directed and can be completed on your computer at home. ACLS Online includes and is based on the information covered in the traditional in-class ACLS Course. The course also includes ACLS Textbook online, so there is no need to purchase a textbook separately.
ACLS Online consists of 3 Parts:
- Part 1 – A self-directed series of online training techniques (3 to 6 hours depending on the level of experience)
- Part 2 – Skills practice at our center (15-30 minutes)
- Part 3 – Skills check at our center (15-30 minutes)
- Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support, reflecting the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an automated external defibrillators (AED)
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- 2 Year Certification
- Online modules completed around your busy schedule
- Quick and easy skills check
- No textbook required (reduces cost)
- American Heart Association ACLS card received on the same day of your skills check
- CME/CE credit available
The ACLS Online course is recommended for MDs, RNs, Paramedics, EMTs, Dentists, and Medical Personnel with Busy Schedules. The ACLS Online Class utilizes simulation technology and scenario-based learning that is self-directed on your computer at home. The course covers all of the same material as the traditional classroom based ACLS class.