Los Angeles Career College is offering Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification classes for healthcare professionals, approved by American Heart Association. Our classes follow all the latest guidelines of American Heart Association and are accepted in all 50 States of the United States.
PALS Certification is for healthcare providers as a job or other requirements, who respond to emergencies for infant and children. These includes but are not limited to personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units. Some occupations may be requiring the Certification include: physicians, nurses, paramedics, and others. This classroom, instructor-led course uses a series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
- Classroom-based courses work well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning
- Course includes realistic, clinical scenarios that encourage active participation – delivered through actual pediatric patient videos and lifelike simulations
- Course is comprehensive and includes our systematic approach to assess and treat pediatric patients in emergency situations
- Course uses a hands-on class format to reinforce skills proficiency
- Co-branded with the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Key changes in pediatric advanced life support, reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- 1- and 2-rescuer child CPR and AED use
- 1- and 2-rescuer infant CPR
- Management of respiratory emergencies
- Rhythm disturbances and electrical therapy
- Vascular access
- Resuscitation team concept
- Cardiac, respiratory and shock case discussions and simulations
- Systematic Approach to Pediatric Assessment
- 2 Year Certification
- American Heart Association PALS Certification
- Same Day Certification Car!
- CME/CE credit available