Los Angeles Career College offers American Heart Association Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification course. ACLS is created for healthcare professionals, who participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest.
of the course include:
- AHA ACLS Certification
- Same Day Certification Card!
- 2 Year Certification
- CEs Available
- Takes approximately 12 hours to complete
ACLS certification course is a video-based, instructor-led, advanced course, which builds on the foundation of basic life support (BLS) skills the occupations needing the course include but is not limit to personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units. This class is for healthcare providers, taking ACLS certification course for the first time. ACLS certification course reflects all the American Heart Association Guidelines. The certification course is a 100% classroom based course and takes 12 hours to complete and all the participants will be required to sit through the course. Upon completion of the course students will receive an AHA ACLS Certification Card.
Through instruction and active participation in case-based scenarios, learners will enhance their skills in the differential diagnosis and treatment of prearrest, arrest and post arrest patients. The specific and helpful information introduce professionals to utilization and delivery of the Heart and Stroke Foundation ACLS Provider Course. The course highlights are the importance of high-performance team work, communication, as well as, systems of care during post-cardiac arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes.
- Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support, reflecting the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an (AED)
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- 2 Year Certification
- American Heart Association ACLS card received on the same day of your skills check
- CME/CE credit available