Los Angeles Career College is offering a Hospital Fire Safety course for individuals working in various health fields. The Hospital Fire Safety class fulfills Los Angeles Fire Code requirement that all employees of acute care hospitals, psychiatric facilities, convalescent homes, and skilled nursing facilities within the boundary of Los Angeles City be trained in fire safety and possess a valid fire safety certification card.
Hospital Fire & Safety Course is designed for Los Angeles healthcare staff who may be confronted with an unexpected emergency involving environments found in major hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, retirement homes, and clinics.
Students successfully completing this one day course will be issued a BLUE Fire card which is valid for 4 years or PINK Fire card which will be valid for 2 years and meets requirements of the Los Angeles City Fire Department’s Hospital Fire and Life Safety Program.
What is a Fire Card?
- Los Angeles Fire Code Section 57.113.09 – Mandates Fire Safety Training for ALL Los Angeles Hospital and Convalescent home Employees.
- Hospital employees must take a 6 hour training course every 4 years.
- A PINK FIRE CARD is issued & must read “institutional fire/life safety training”.
- A BLUE FIRE CARD is issued & must read “hospital fire/life safety training”.
- Employees at psychiatric hospitals & convalescent homes must take a 3 hour training course every 2 years. Critical Care Training Center will provide a pink or blue card to ensure participants will be able to meet their job requirements in various types of facilities without difficulty.
Program Length and Duration
- Hospital Fire/ Life Safety Course takes around 6 hours to complete. The Blue Card is valid for 4 years.
- Institutional Fire/ Life Safety Course takes around 3 hours to complete. The Pink Card is valid for 2 years.
Upon successful completion of the course the participants shall receive Hospital Fire/ Life Safety Blue Card valid for 4 years or Institutional Fire/ Life Safety Pink Card valid for 2 years.
What is covered in Hospital Fire Safety?
- What to Do in Case of a Fire at Your Hospital
- Patient Rescue (Including drags and carries)
- How to Use a Fire Extinguisher
- Different Types of Fires and How to Control Them
- Hospital Fire Protection Systems and Equipment
- How to Evacuate Safely
- Home Fire Safety
- Pre-Fire Planning