Los Angeles Career College offers American Heart Association Certification Classes for healthcare providers as a job or other requirement. Our Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) courses are based on the most recent clinical guidelines recommended by the American Heart Association.
of the course include:
- AHA PALS Update
- Same Day Certification Card!
- 2 Year Certification
- CE’s Available
- Takes approximately 7 hours to complete
PALS is for individuals, who respond to emergencies in infants and children. This includes, but is not limited to personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units. AHA has designed this course to help heathcare professionals effectively respond to all emergencies. Through the help of our knowledgeable instructors, who are doctors, nurses, paramedics and EMT’s you will improve your skills in a stress-free environment. PALS recertification is important not only because your employer requires it, but because staying on top of the latest AHA guidelines enables you to save lives. Our PALS certification course is accepted in all 50 US States and in countries accepting certification courses based on American Heart Association guidelines. Our curriculum and examination are evidence-based and written and maintained by board-certified physicians.
The certification course is a 100% classroom-based course and takes around 7 hours to complete and all the participants will be required to sit through the course. Upon completion of the course students will receive an AHA PALS Certification Card.
Prerequisite to take the course include:
- Current PALS Certification
Upon successful completion of the course all the participants will receive a Certification Card, following all the guidelines of the American Heart Association, which is valid for two years. The course is also available for CEU’s.
- Key changes in pediatric advanced life support, reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- 1- and 2-rescuer child CPR and AED use
- 1- and 2-rescuer infant CPR
- Management of respiratory emergencies
- Rhythm disturbances and electrical therapy
- Vascular access
- Resuscitation team concept
- Cardiac, respiratory and shock case discussions and simulations
- Systematic Approach to Pediatric Assessment
- 2 Year Certification
- American Heart Association PALS Certification
- Same Day Certification Card
- CME/CE credit available