Rapid STEMI ID Course is a self-directed, online course that teaches healthcare professionals to use a 12-lead ECG, interpret electrocardiograms (ECGs) for signs of STEMI (ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction) and activate a system of care for rapid reperfusion of an occluded coronary artery.
Rapid STEMI ID Online Certification
Course Fee: $199
- 100% online
- Quick and easy skills check
- No textbook is required
- Certificate available right after course completion
- Online modules completed around your busy schedule
- Eligible to apply for CE credits
or call us at
This course supports the efforts of the American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline® (opens a new window, a national initiative to improve quality of care and outcomes in heart attack patients by improving healthcare systems’ readiness and response to STEMI patients.
Who should take this class?
This course is for healthcare professionals who want to improve their STEMI recognition and assessment skills or for healthcare professionals seeking continuing education credits.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
- Key changes in science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency
- Cardiovascular Care
- Understanding STEMI Systems of Care and STEMI recognition
- Basics of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and triage of STEMI patients
- Acquiring high-quality, 12-lead ECGs
- 12-lead findings that mimic STEMI
- Coronary anatomy related to 12-lead ECGs
- Indications for activating a Heart Alert System
- Includes 12-lead ECGs practice test
- Includes two-part AHA exam