Los Angeles Career College offers Drug Calculation Online Course for those willing to calculate with more confidence. The course is designed to help effectively, accurately and safely calculate dosages of medications.
Online Drug Calculations, 7th Edition
Course Fee: $199
- Complete online course to be taken around your busy schedule
- Step-by-step approach to basic math, calculation and administration of drug dosages and drop rates
- Certification upon completion
- The latest techniques and devices for administering drugs, including oral, intravenous, intramuscular, subcutaneous and other routes
- Huge bank of practice problems to test yourself
or call us at
Los Angeles Career College offers Drug Calculation Online Course for those willing to calculate with more confidence. The course is designed to help effectively, accurately and safely calculate dosages of medications. It includes reading, interpreting and solving calculation problems encountered in the preparation of medication. Our team at EduLife Institute has very carefully designed techniques, which will make learning and applying dosage calculations— even reviewing basic math principles—fun and easy! The course will teach linear ratio and proportion, fractional ratio and proportion, dimensional analysis, and the formula method and will build the skills that assure patient safety and prevent medication errors.
This course involves measurements within the decimals, fractions and metric systems. Learners will review basic math skills and learn systems of measurement. They will also learn Dimensional Analysis for calculating dosages of oral, powdered and parenteral medications, pediatric and adult weight-based medication and intravenous medications. Course materials are available through the power points, examples and practices. There are no due dates and times that will be enforced, but all materials needed to complete the course are available the first day of class and learners are encouraged to complete assignments early.
Drug Calculations reviews the fundamental mathematical concepts used in drug dosage calculations. This course prepares the entry level practical nurse with a realistic approach for preparing dosages and solutions, including calculating intravenous flow rates and pediatric dosages.
Following topics will be covered throughout the course
- Roman numerals
- Ratio and proportions
- Word problems
- Metrics, household and apothecary systems of measurement
- Equivalents and abbreviations
- Demonstrate competency in basic arithmetic function.
- Solve problems using a critical thinking approach,
- Demonstrate the ability to convert between the metric, apothecary, and avoirdupois systems.
- Use Dimensional Analysis to calculate accurate dosages.
- Demonstrate the ability to calculate dosages based on body weight of pediatric and adult patients.