Los Angeles Career College is offering Medical Terminology Online Course to those interested in pursuing a health and science career requiring the ability to communicate with physicians, dentists, or other medical professionals. Upon completing the course all the participants will receive a Certification of Completion following the State Guidelines.
Course Fee: $249
- 100% online
- Eligible to work at entry level position in hospital setting with this certification
- Certification upon completion following the State Guidelines
- Can be completed around your busy schedule
or call us at
What if we tell you that you do not have to memorize hundreds of complex words by learning the individual parts of a medical word?
Los Angeles Career College is offering Medical Terminology Online Course to those interested in pursuing a health and science career requiring the ability to communicate with physicians, dentists, or other medical professionals. In this course the participants will be introduced to the vocabulary used by medical professionals, such as: doctors, nurses and medical technologists. Medical terminology is the study of the principles of medical word building to help the student develop the extensive medical vocabulary used in health care occupations. Students receive a thorough grounding in basic medical terminology through a study of root words, prefixes and suffixes. This course will focus on the many components of a medical term and how to break down a medical term by simply knowing the meaning of the prefix or suffix.
This course explores the root words, suffixes and prefixes of the vocabulary used in medical offices, hospitals and other health settings. Students review the nervous, skeletal, cardiovascular, muscle and other major systems of the human body, and they discuss terms related to physiology, anatomy and pathological conditions. Students learn to spell, define and pronounce common medical terms. Medical Terminology also covers body system dynamics, medical language, body orientation, health, wellness, and disease terms. You will learn the basic components of medical terminology as it relates to each body system as well as the instruments used in assessment.
- Identify and define common prefixes, stems and suffixes of medical terms to utilize them in word definition
- Define medical prefixes used in medical terminology, as well as prefixes that define sizes and numbers used in medical terminology
- Define suffixes related to diagnostic, symptomatic and surgical medical-terminology to gain understanding of medical words
- Define root/stem words
- Understand, utilize and define medical terminology
- Be able to define and use common medical abbreviations and symbols
Prerequisites for the course include
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
Upon completing the course all the participants will receive a Certification of Completion following the State Guidelines.