Los Angeles Career College is known for its periodic scholarship program awarded to registered nursing students throughout California. Known for its courses in ACLS, BLS, CPR, PALS, ECG, and Pharmacology, LACC is a renowned training center certified by the American Heart Association. The scholarship offered is an essay writing contest where the winner is chosen by the California Nursing Student Association (CNSA). The contest is open to any registered nurse in California who is currently enrolled in a college or university.
Scholarship Rules & Regulations
To receive a scholarship payment you must meet the eligibility requirements. At the closing of the contest, you will be assessed for your eligibility. If you do not meet the eligibility criteria at the time of assessment your scholarship may be terminated. Criteria is as follows:
- Must be a Registered Nursing student (ADN, BSN, MSN, NP)
- Must provide name and phone number of school
- California Resident with California Driver License
- Must be current registered nurse student at an accredited college
- Must provide proof of current enrollment in nursing school
If you are a scholarship recipient then you must conform with the following:
- LACC can take photographs and videos of you or use any image of you that is in relation to the scholarship.
- LACC can use any of your written material that is in relation to the scholarship.
- Acknowledgment of LACC’s right, title, and interest in or relating to any scholarship written material you have produced in order to promote Los Angeles Career College, Sponsors of Scholarships or any of LACC’s activities.
Privacy and Confidentiality
LACC will ask for information from you which it will use for purposes of determining your eligibility to receive a scholarship. Other purposes of collecting information will be for administrative use that relates to your application. This will be compiled for documentary purposes only. LACC assures that your confidentiality will be respected throughout all the stages of the application process.
A scholarship will be awarded to you based on the information you’ve provided to LACC. That being said, any information that is found to be false or fabricated may result in the withdrawal of your scholarship. If you provide false or misleading information in your supporting documents but have already received the scholarship, LACC can take legal or disciplinary action. Altering official documents may also result in legal or disciplinary action.
Prior to payment you will be asked to provide:
- Copy of a California Driver License/Identification
- Proof of Nursing School Enrollment
- Mailing Address
Unable to provide information requested above is grounds for termination of the scholarship program.
Grounds for terminating a scholarship include:
- Discontinuing your nursing program or failing to enroll in a program.
- Failing to meet the eligibility criteria and the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
- Providing false or misleading information when applying for the scholarship or once accepted into the scholarship program.
- Being formerly suspended or excluded for misconduct from any college or university in which you were enrolled or are currently enrolled.